We’re not open anymore.
Someone destroyed our cafe on 10th October 2011.
Our current opening hours & service
- 8am – 4pm | Tuesday – Friday
- 9am – 4pm | Saturday – Sunday
- Price Range: $3 – $30
- Coffee, breakfast, lunch
- EFTPOS available
- Takes bookings, walk-ins welcome, takeaway & table service
- As the cafe & bike shop are separate businesses, please ensure you pay for for any purchases before leaving either premises.
Rear lounge area
Our cafe includes a large rear lounge area, which is available for events and private functions. Theres also a change table for parents in our disabled toilet and a huge 1 x 3 m chalkboard for little kids & not-so-little kids. As we’re a family-friendly cafe, it’s also quite handy if you have littlies in prams, as well as meeting your friends or even a group ride meeting point for those pre or post ride coffees.
Please feel free to contact Steve if you want to have a event, gallery exhibition or private function at the cafe.
Takeaway Coffee Cups, Traveller Mugs etc
We use BioPak products for hot beverage takeways, the cups & lids are compostable and are manufactured from corn-based plastic lining (PLA).
Have your own cup & prefer to use it? You are most welcome to bring in your own cup, keepcup or similar carrying device for your beverages. We won’t refuse you & we don’t charge extra either, although it would be nice if your favourite cup is nice & clean when you bring it in for a refill.
- Peruse our latest menu here
- All items may contain traces of gluten, nuts, soya, sesame, eggs and dairy, as they are used in the cafe.
- If you have any special requirements please ask and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
- All our eggs are free range from South Gippland.
- Our breads and pastries come from Browns Bakery (unless stated otherwise)
- Our soy milk is supplied by Pure Harvest (Organic Nature’s Soy)
- Milk is supplied by Procal Dairies.
- Our honey is very locally produced, you might of even met some of the bees in your backyard!
- Our coffee is supplied by Social Roasting Company, 100% ethically sourced beans and then delivered fresh on SRCs big green Surly Big Dummy bicycle to the Human Powered Cafe.
- Tea & chai is supplied by Chamellia Organic Teas.
- Soft drinks and fruit juices are supplied by Phoenix Organics.
- We try our utmost to ensure that no palm oil products are used, however due to only 3 vegetable oils labelled in food products in Australia (peanut, sesame & soy bean oil), this can be difficult due to palm oil not being labeled accurately on many food products.
- We have an ongoing goal of reducing food waste, packaging and food miles, involving production and distribution of all food products used in the cafe. We don’t yet have 100% solutions to all these issues as of yet, although we are trying our best and welcome any feedback or suggestions you may have.
We have a Better Access Ramp if you require help gaining access to our premises. Unfortunately, like many older buildings it proved very difficult to retrofit our existing 2-step entrance to High Street. So we’ve purchased a Better Access Ramp to assist when you visit. Please feel free to ask our staff to use the ramp if you require it, and also please contact us if you have any questions about cafe access.
Our loyalty card allows you to get your 7th coffee or hot beverage free.
Pink/blue card: Present to buy one standard drink and one light snack for $5. Standard drink refers to hot/cold beverages priced to $3 and light snacks to $3.
Blue/pink card: Present to buy one coffee/standard drink hot drink priced to $3 and receive another standard drink to $3 for free.
*The serious stuff: Only one type of card per person per visit & cards must be presented at time of ordering. Any card issued remains the property of Human Powered Cafe at all times. Management reserves the right to alter or withdraw this offer (without notice) and to refuse this card.